Fostering partnerships and collaborations to ensure economic, social and environmental prosperity through STEM
To make every Ghanaian a #STEMGHeek* by 2030
To raise a generation of Ghanaians who understand STEM and its role in national development and are equipped with skills in STEM to solve societal problems.
Goals and objectives
- Create a closely knit network of STEM organizations and individuals who are running STEM initiatives who can join the network as members.
- Advocate for STEM and promote STEM related activities in Ghana at the district, regional and national level through dialogue with appropriate ministries.
- Advocate for greater STEM inclusion within the Ghanaian educational syllabus.
- Be a liaison between the Ghana Science Association / Ghana Education Service and STEM Organizations in Ghana.
- Create an enabling environment which enhances collaboration and partnerships between different STEM groups for the achievement of common goals
- Actively seek for and share fundraising opportunities with members and organizations in the network.
- Broadcast and promote the activities of members through the use of social media, and other media channels and partnerships.
- Quarterly Ghana STEM Network newsletter summing up activities of members of the networks and updates within the general STEM community.
- Quarterly meetups to share and discuss updates, new opportunities and partnerships and to network among each other to keep the community strong
- Ghana STEM Conference – Held annually where we run a series of activities aimed at creating awareness and interests about STEM.
- STEMNews – Weekly newspaper column for STEM related publications
- Pushing the TIE agenda as much, as often and as forcefully as possible in every opportunity given
- Acknowledging #STEMGHeeks and #STEMGHeek behaviors in order to promote STEM and STEM thinking across every sector, field etc.
- Developing, following the strategy for how we advocate for STEM thinking in GH